Monday, August 4, 2014

La Mexicana

So, after walking around the city with the hubby, we stopped at a few places so we could "try" to eat. This place had no gluten-free options, that place wasn't sure, the other place couldn't be bothered seating us, so we left each of them and moved on.
We decided to wander into some rarely-charted territory. By that, I mean that maybe one a year we're in that area. Anyway, we stumbled upon "La Mexicana" restaurant. They had baja fish tacos (which are no good for me, but sealed the deal for the hubby)!
I tell you, there is no better feeling than looking at a menu and seeing "gluten-free" icons on it! The best part, ALMOST THE WHOLE MENU was gluten-free!! Score! That sealed the deal for me!
It was $5 margarita night, so I got a mango one. It was pretty tasty. We got some nachos (no photo- sorry, we were starving and ate them before I thought about a photo). Hubby got his tacos, I got some lobster tacos. There was nothing on them in the way of spicy, which was nice. I like putting my own on, and happily used the salsa verde from the table chips on them. I'd totally be happy visiting again!
Location: just North of Bloor on Yonge this location closed as of March 7th 2015 due to condos, but there are two other sister restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment