Friday, November 21, 2014

Almond Butterfly Bakery

I'm not much for sweets. Give me a choice between birthday cake and birthday bowl of potato chips, and I'll choose the chips. My sweetie likes to get me treats sometimes, and he found some real winners at Almond Butterfly!

Now, anyone who's ever had gluten-free baked goods knows what they can be like. They usually need to be toasted or warmed, and if you try to eat them on the second day- yuk! So dry and unpalatably crumbly. I decided to test these.

Should mention that I indeed DID eat the two in the first photo that day. ZOMG. The double chocolate brownie cupcake was delish, and the lemon frosted yellow cake was to DIE FOR! (I love lemon). They even have some vegan/gf cupcakes that were awesome as well!

As to my aging test time, they got an A+! Since my sweetie surprised me with an assortment that would likely last me a month (the way I eat baked goods lol), this was going to be perfect! Though I shared a few, I left the others in the fridge over the weekend. Even at almost a week old, they were still great! Very much like the baked goods I could enjoy once upon a time before my gluten intolerance, without being sick.

Win!





Location: 100 Harbord (just West of Spadina)

No comments:

Post a Comment